Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Normal? Probably not.

My name is Carly Greenman and I am originally from Mendham, New Jersey. I moved to Burlington three years ago to attend UVM, where I am now studying Environmental Studies and Women's Health. I grew up with a love for a few distinct things- animals, music, nature, and fashion. I was a quite complex child as you may be able to gather from my list of interests. I stopped allowing my parents to dress me at the tender age of one, where I refused to wear anything but my own outfit concoctions. As I mentioned, I was very into the natural world, and loved nothing more than to play outside. Thus, there were multiple occurrences of me climbing trees, running through the woods, etc., in princess dresses and eccentric hats. As I grew up not much changed (except maybe my fashion sense improved). I came to Burlington because it embodied my many diverse interests, and wanted a liberal education while maintaining a university feel. I currently work at Stella, a boutique on Church Street with the most fabulous collection of shoes, clothing, and accessories. We support "fashion with compassion", and have many environmental cottons and fair-traded jewelry. I work with a great group of ladies who make the work hours more enjoyable. Best of all - we are a local business (yay!). So, it looks like I have managed to combine my interests after all.

I also have a beautiful rabbit named Gimley. She loves to play outdoors and was raised unconventionally (out of the cage). People often find it strange that we have a rabbit hopping around our apartment, but for my roommates and I its totally normal. I know what your thinking - and YES, she is litter trained (no poo poos around my clean apartment!). Gim is very spoiled, and enjoys 2 organic salads per day in addition to her hay (she eats better than I do...). She also loves to cuddle, and has a strange infatuation with my roommate's fuzzy rug. Normal? Definitely not. Cute? Absolutely! Gimley was going to have her own Facebook page, but as her mother I decided that she was too classy to put her whole life out in the open like that. But on MY Facebook page I will be sure to post some pictures of her upcoming Halloween costume....



Anybody who knows me knows that I am ABSOLUTELY obsessed with Phish.



Image Source: Personal Photographs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carly,

    A very good introductory blog post (love the baby photo).

    To make this excellent, give us some more HYPER-links (beyond Phish).

    Go for it!

    Dr. W

    ReplyDelete